G&S Toilet Hire Ltd.is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this document on this web page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018 and conforms with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information, including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer enquiries / delivery information
- any administrative documents needed to support you and manage your account.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Customer management of quotes and bookings.
- Internal record keeping on our accounting system and associated paperwork.
- To develop our products and services.
- To keep you up to date with any changes to the business.
- To discuss your requirements if you are a regular customer with a pattern of bookings.
- For auditing.
- For legal purposes.
Some of your personal details will also be used on our banking system and, if necessary, for debt collection purposes.
We do not intend to use your data for market research purposes or to send promotional emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. may share or disclose personal data when necessary to provide its services or conduct its business operations. When G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. shares personal data, it does so in line with data privacy and security requirements.
Below are the parties with whom G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. may share personal data, and why:
- Within G&S Toilet Hire Ltd – personal data may be shared with our employees. All employees must follow our data policy and security policies when handling personal information.
- Third party service providers – we will only share personal data when needed to fulfill services e.g. software systems, accounting, debt collection companies, auditors, cloud hosting services and data analytics. Third party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information that G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. makes available to them for any other purpose than to provide their service. G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. will ensure these companies have adequate security measures in place.
- Third party for legal reasons – G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. will share data when it believes this is needed to comply with legal obligations and to respond to requests from Government agencies, including law-enforcement and other public authorities such as regulators.
How long do G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. keep your data
Once you have accepted the services of G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. we need to keep some of your personal data to satisfy our legal obligations.
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. will keep your information to ensure that, if a query arises in the future about your account, it has enough information to deal with it if it has a legal obligation to do so. To meet this aim, most of the personal data that G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. hold will be kept for 7 years from the end of the hire / service agreement in which the last payment was made by you or your company.
If the personal data was supplied for a quote (not using our accounting system), it will be held until the year the quote was intended is complete or if you advise us to remove it.
How we keep your data up to date
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. are required to maintain up to date records of personal data. We will endeavour to seek updates annually but in the meantime would request that customers keep us advised of any change in details (e.g. email, telephone number). In addition, you have rights under data protection law to have inaccurate personal details corrected and incomplete data completed. G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. will endeavour to amend these details swiftly once the information is received.
How we manage security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. pass your information to another person, it aims to ensure that the other person has appropriate security measures in place to keep your information safe and to comply with general principles regarding data protection.
Some of the organisations we share your data with may process it overseas. This means your data may sometimes be transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area. Some countries already provide adequate legal protection for your personal data. In other countries, additional steps will be needed to protect it.
Customer data held by G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. is stored using appropriate security measures. We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area. We hold data in various forms, including electronic and paper files. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is adequately protected and processed in line with this privacy notice.
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. work with third party suppliers during their business activities (mainly financial) and it is sometimes necessary for those suppliers to receive and store data on G&S Toilet Hire Ltd.’s behalf. G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. conduct checks for due diligence on these suppliers that include a specific questionnaire about their information security, data protection and encryption policies and procedures.
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd.’s policies and procedures are reviewed regularly.
Controlling your personal information
There are a number of rights regarding your data built into the GDPR Regulations. Following are some which are more relevant to your business with G&S Toilet Hire Ltd.
- Rights of access – At ‘reasonable intervals’, you may request details of personal information which we hold about you and how it is processed. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to Office Manager, G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. 368, Bradley Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. HD2 1PU and it will be provided free of charge within a month of the request being received.
- Right of correction – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us on the address above or email on email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask to have your personal data erased. G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. will not be able to complete this request if the personal data is required to comply with legal requirements.
G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. will ensure any third party organisations are advised and told to delete any links to the personal data, as well as any copies.
You may be asked to provide proof of identity when making these requests.
Other rights can be found within the GDPR regulations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Making a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner (http://ico.org.uk) who can be contacted on 0303123113. You may be asked to provide proof of identity when making these requests.
Alternatively, if you are satisfied that we would treat any complaint seriously, please lodge your complaint to Office Manager, G&S Toilet Hire Ltd. 368, Bradley Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. HD2 1PU and we will respond within 2 weeks of receiving the complaint.